Labels

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Tuesday~

So I'm writing this a day late, but basically because I was super exhausted yesterday and I had to wake up really early today so I went to bed at a fairly reasonable time!
Yesterday was supporter meeting so we met at Hongdae and (planned) to go to a puzzle cafe. However, the cafe opened at twelve so we couldn't go because we arrived at ten :(. Side note about Korea: everything opens late here since it's a late start culture, which means it's hard to get an early start when you want to go shopping or sightseeing. If you want to see Seoul at its finest, the afternoon or night is your best bet. Nightlife here is the best! That's when the city really comes to life. 
Instead of the puzzle cafe we just went to a normal coffee shop and ordered our milkshakes since we are the non coffee drinking group haha. We finished studying pretty early and so we had time to walk around hongdae in the morning. There weren't many people out, but walking around there made me want to go back so bad! I've only been to a few places in hongdae but it's a really cool area and I really wish I had more time to just wander around. 
After our little morning stroll we went and ate Thai food (YAYYYY). I love Korean food but a little variation is great once in a while. The food was delicious and I love Thai food so it was a win win. 
After lunch we went back to Sogang for class and dd more mini stop runs, etc. my host mom wanted me home after class (at least, I think she did- talking on the phone in Korean is a little difficult haha). I ran and grabbed some souvenir presents from shops around the school and then headed home, but when I got there no one was there! Turns out I had just missed then and they had gone to go get a tent for when they plan on going to the river/swimming pool over the weekend! I was then served the most terrifying food I've ever eaten here. 
That was it. No rice. Nothing. It had no flavor and it was thick and weird and gross. I ate some but my host mom noticed I didn't eat a lot and gave me kimbap instead haha! Korea is definitely concerned with food/how muh you've eaten. I had never been complimented on my appetite before I came here, just like no one has ever forced me to eat because they thought I didn't eat enough until I came to Korea. I'm really going to miss the food here <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment