Labels

Monday, July 14, 2014

Another Day....

So today was pretty uneventful in that we didn't go out and do anything particularly special, but I kind of feel like a local on days like this. I went to our weekly meeting, went to school, and then went home, a schedule just like that of every other commuter on the subway. Even though we didn't do anything touristy, it's still ridiculously awesome being in Seoul, of course. I know I keep saying that but it's just because it's really hard to believe that I'm here. I have dreamed if traveling like this for so long that it doesn't even seem real. The program is almost halfway over now, which is really sad an upsetting. I'll have no summer left when I get home, and I'll be away from this city for an undetermined amount of time. This has become my home now, and even if it's just for a short time, it will always have a special place in my heart. I feel like I've been here for years instead of just a few weeks. Sometimes you just find a place and fall in love, not "in love" in that you are completely infatuated with the city, but just "love" it because it feels like home. I feel comfortable here, even when I feel uncomfortable, if that makes any sense at all.
But anyways,  about my day. I didn't do much so I'll just skip the boring parts. In the meeting we talked about our final project and brainstormed some ideas, and then after that we went out for croquettes. They were soooo good and greasy and delicious. I had to get a soda afterwards because greasy food always deserves a cold soda. 
Then we got soft serve McDonald ice cream (for fifty cents! Yay cheap!). After school I went straight home because I was exhausted. Yesterday I stayed up super late and I really needed to sleep, but the host fam ended up taking me out to dinner! It was really good- some sort of soup with bones that had delicious juicy meat on them omg. And rice, of course. I was starving so I honestly would have eaten anything at that point haha. 
But that was basically it, still fun to hang out here though. Keep being cool, Seoul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment