Labels

Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hottest day ever?


So today we met with our supporter groups this morning, and it was soooo hot outside. Like really hot. Now that's it's getting hot like this I really want Korea to rain, but I heard that the rain here is hot as well!
Anyways, first our supporter took us to his university, where he showed us traditional Korean buildings that are on campus. They were apparently (if I remember correctly) school buildings used by scholars training to take a test to enter the kings courts? Something along those lines. Anyways, they were really pretty! 
We are required to study with our supporters in the assigned meeting dates, so then we went out to a cafe and worked on our Korean! The cafe was really cool, we sat in the basement area which had a lot of books and looked a little like a library. 
We all ordered kiwi juice, and it was really good--after we sweetened it up a little with syrup haha. After our studying time we went out for lunch (if you haven't noticed, going to Korea was basically an excuse for me to eat delicious food on an hourly basis). We got donkatsu, and omgggg it was the best. Like really. I don't even like pork that much, but this pork donkatsu was the bomb dot com. 
After lunch we rode the subway back to class and I got this drink from the vending machine, in case anyone cared. We had two test/quizzes today, but it wasn't too bad. 
After class I went home, but I had some major bonding time with my family! They kept asking me if I wanted to do mask, and then they asked if I wanted to do massage, but I couldn't really understand it so I just said yes (I mean, why not?). My host mom laid me down on the floor and painted a homemade face mask on my face haha. It looked really weird but it felt nice and I had fun with my host family, which was the important part. Overall, great day! 








No comments:

Post a Comment