Labels

Friday, July 18, 2014

Test day!

So again, I'm writing this a day late because I've been super busy and tired. But now it's the weekend (ish) and I have more time!
So yesterday I had a test with both teachers, and each test had three parts. Plus there was a speaking part, which I completely forgot about, yikes. But it wasn't that bad! 
That morning we had gone to a study cafe with our supporter, where you rent a conference like room and get free drinks and basically just close the door and study/work/etc. There was a whiteboard wall, which was pretty cool!! We also got waffles 
After we were done studying and doing supporter group homework we went out to lunch! We were in Sinchon and tried to find a place that served traditional Korean
"stew" (best way to describe it) but the place we were looking for had disappeared. Instead, we went to a vegetarian and vegan Korean food restaurant, which we had heard was pretty good. I got stir fried rice noodles with soy meat and I quite liked it! We also stopped to take pictures in the strange macaroni mirror statue.
(The menu at "The Loving Hut") 
Then we got ice cream because when in Korea, why not eat as much as physically possible. This is actually really embarrassing but I'm just now realizing that I ate quite a lot yesterday. And everyday since arrival here. At least I live far from the subway station... 
After school we got more waffles. They were good and I regret nothing. But the sign is pretty funny- it's spelled the way that Korean speakers would say waffle, since their is no "f" sound in Korean haha. 
Then we went shopping around a little bit for circle lenses/glasses, since they are way cheaper here than in the United States. I theorized it's because more people here wear glasses, but maybe it's because anything health related is also very cheap here as well. After shopping we went to try the famous "Mr. Pizza", a restaurant that advertises strange pizzas such as fruit pizza, sweet potatoe pizza, cream cheese crust pizza, etc. we got bulgogi pizza, which is just meat pizza. It actually wasn't that bad, just a little sweet for my taste. Many bready Korean foods are a little sweet. 
Then I went home and got very little sleep , but who cares I'm in Korea. 








No comments:

Post a Comment