Labels

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Study day

One of the main things about the nsliy program that people forget is that the majority of your time during the weekday is spent in class or studying, so it's not all sightseeing and traveling. Today was just one of those days.
First we met up with our supporter in a study cafe and studied for quite a while. Tomorrow we have our OPI phone interview (aka a mid term assessment test) and we had to prepare a little for that as well as review the material we have already learned. These study cafés are really cool though, the US definitely needs some of these. Also, sticker pictures. Also, bingsu. I was joking to my pen pal yesterday that I should open a bingsu shop where you could take sticker pictures. Maybe it should be a bingsu study cafe with sticker picture booths lol. Anyways, it wasn't too bad and semi helpful. 
After studying we went out for lunch- we ate special 떡뻑이 (the rice cakes) and it was also really good. A little spicy, but still good. 
After lunch we traveled back to school and had class. I was extremely tired since I went to bed a little late the night before, but it was alright. During break I ran to get ice cream, because why not. It's ice cream. 
After school we had a meeting with a lady from the state department and it went alright. We talked a lot about the plus and minuses of the program this year and got some things off our chest about how things are being done. It made me a little depressed afterwards and I was feeling all gross and emotional in the subway but my host mom cooked me good food for dinner so it was alright. 
Also, it rained really hard today on my walk home! It was kind of cool and I enjoyed it, except for getting everything soaking wet. Pro tip: keep your textbooks in a binder or something in your bag so even if your book bag gets wet your books won't melt. They gave us a free zip up binder when we arrived here and I kept it and put it to good use because I'm brilliant. 
Then I studied some more tonight and now I'm typing this, ready to go to bed. Tomorrow is the oral test,  wish me luck! 

No comments:

Post a Comment