Labels

Monday, July 21, 2014

Namsan Tower part 2 (with the best)

So today was really good, but it had a bittersweet ending.
First, we had our weekly meeting. A weird coincidence happened though- I was getting on the subway from the station by my house and as I walked onto the train car, a NSLIY student was sitting in the seat right in front of me! The lady next to her moved over and we talked the entire way, basically in awe at the coincidence of me getting on the same train, same car, same line as her, and entering through the door that let me see her. Weird things happen here. Small world. 
But we walked to the office and then had the meeting. Since it was the mid program meeting we read the letters we had written to ourself during orientation, and basically all of them were cheesy encouragement letters telling us to keep going even though it might get hard. Then we wrote a mid program goal/evaluation paper for ourselves and got our stipend money! Of course we took money selfies. 
This is the richest I've ever been hahaha. 
After the meeting we went and got food- ice cream and croquettes (so healthy) but I also bought chicken to take back to class so I at least had some protein lol. We also went and raided a daiso (essentially a dollar store) and found beautiful Engrish pencil cases that of course I bought. 
Class was fun- we have a substitute teacher which is something different! It actually went by pretty fast today, maybe because I was feeling a little more energetic after sleeping late yesterday. I needed that sleep though- right after school I ran to the subway station to meet my pen pal. She is from another city in Seoul and traveled four hours to get here! I'm really sad that we could only spend a few hours with each other since I had to get home by curfew, but it was so nice to get to see her. We have been pen pals for over a year, and I never thought that we'd actually get to meet in real life. Leaving her after only a few hours was so sad. But anyways, we went up to namsan tower on the cable car, but since it was really foggy we didn't go up the actual elevator and instead just hung out outside and enjoyed the view. She even brought a lock to hang on the fences full of locks (a really famous spot in Seoul- couples, friends, everyone goes here and puts a lock on the fence. It's been in so many dramas it's crazy!). But it was super cute! Then we hung out by a nice view place and she called her friend because her friend wanted to talk to me. She was so funny haha xD. She stopped the conversation because she said she had to record this because it was her first time talking to a foreigner LOL. I had seen her from my pen pals snapchats and it was really nice to talk to her xP. 
Our little lock~ 
After our little adventure at the tower we went back down in the cable car and walked into Myeongdong. Since we had both wanted to take sticker pictures together, we took them! She had already found the place and it was a lot of fun haha. She was so sweet >.< it felt so unreal just hanging out with her and stuff since we've been talking for so long. 
After sticker pictures pictures we went out to eat! We had soba (Japanese cold noodles) and they were really good! The only bad part was they were really difficult to eat so I totally embarrassed myself haha. 
After dinner it was time to say goodbye, which was really sad, but we promised to meet again one day. I still can't believe we met and I'm really glad that we did! We will definitely remain friends for a long time~ 












No comments:

Post a Comment