Labels

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

노래방!

So today was a lot of fun, and actually quite relaxing.
Because I had the phone interview OPI this morning, I got to sleep late! My interview was at 10:40 and I woke up at 10:00, had a nice lesuirely breakfast, changed, and then waited for the call. No one was home at my house so I didn't feel awkward answering questions in Korean in front if them. After the interview I met up with a few other NSLIYians at the subway station and we had kimbap at a place right next to the school. The great thing about taking classes at a college is that all of the restaurants in the area are super cheap! We ate at "Tomato Kimbap" (which contains no tomatoes btw) and it was $1.50 for lunch. I couldn't even finish the whole kimbap roll. Craziness. 
(This is my half eaten roll of kimbap) 
Then we had a little time so we grabbed bubble tea after lunch. I got mint chocolate chip bubble tea and despite how weird it sounds, it was really good, especially since I was craving ice cream (but when am I not craving ice cream?). 
Class was pretty good today, the usual. 
After class my supporter took my group and a couple other NSLIY people out to karaoke! It was my first time going to karaoke (which is super popular here- walk down one street and you'll see multiple signs for 노래방) in Korea and it was a lot of fun! We sang in Korean, English, Spanish, and Chinese. Our nsliy group is very linguistically diverse haha. After karaoke I had to go home so I could get back for curfew, so I bought a pizza type thing from Paris Baguette and are on the subway on the way home. It was a little awkward because I'm pretty sure no Korean person ever has eaten on the subway before. I hardly even see people drink stuff on the subway. It's crazy. 
But anyways, it was a really fun day! And I caught up on sleep, arguably the most important thing haha. 


No comments:

Post a Comment