Labels

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Project Day!

So yesterday was really fun, and I'm writing this a day late because I came home and fell asleep until 10:30 today because I was really tired haha. First, I met my friend in Sinchon to work on our final project for NSLIY. We had to make a board about some aspect of Korean culture and ours was on Korean superstitions. Since we didn't have the board with us we just did it on pieces of paper and plan to glue what we made onto the board on Monday morning. I think it looks really cute and I'm happy with what we did! We hit up the dollar store and bought a bunch of materials (also Oreos) and then went into a cafe and camped out for a few hours on the third floor. It just so happened that a water gun festival (which I might go back to) was happening today and we got the perfect view of everything that was happening outside. There were so many people, it was crazy! Towards the high point of the festival I definitely didn't want to go outside because I didn't want to get wet haha. There were fire trucks spraying water into the crowd and the main stage (which was right next to our third story cafe window) also sprayed water on everyone.
(We also bought toast) 

The water was even hitting the cafe windows! 
Then they brought up the singer Suzy from Miss A (a girl Kpop group) and everyone went crazy. They brought her on top of the stage so she wouldn't get wet, and our cafe was so close! Everyone who was in the cafe went rushing towards the window and taking pictures, but we didn't know who she was at first (Lol) and had to ask a bystander. 
After the cafe we went out looking for a PC 방 with a printer (PC 방s are cafés/rooms where people can pay to use the internet, usually used by teenage/young adult boys to play video games without their parents seeing hahaha). All of the PC rooms we went to either didn't have a printer, were really sketchy, or both. So eventually we gave up and just went to the Hyundai department store to eat lunch. While we were there we met the creator or ugly dolls who was doing a fan signing! We heard English and turned around and the event was going on! Fun stuff~ 
After that we went shopping and I bought a nice pair of sandals in the subway station, which was awesome. We walked around a little but more before meeting with the group who was going to the movies! 
As a group we went out to dinner and ate something delicious (even though I'm not quite sure what it was. Chicken? Red sauce? Friend rice after?). We then headed out to see the movie 군도. There were no English subtitles so I didn't know exactly what was going on so I basically just made up my own story. It was set during the Jeosun dynasty in Korea and it was about some sort of royal man disrespecting a butcher and then the butcher joined a gang of good guys. But ten there was a baby at the end and the importance of the baby was lost on me. I tried to ask my supporter how/why the baby was so important and he said "yes" so I'm still not sure lol, aside from the fact that the baby may or may not have been royalty. But there was a lot of action and blood and stuff so I understood that part. Good vs evil! After the movie I went home  and my host family surprised me when I walked in! They celebrated my birthday yesterday (maybe they forgot or maybe they just wanted to do it on a weekend night and have it be a surprise, idk. It was super sweet though) and they made me go out and walk back in so they could pull the party streamer things. Then they brought out a cute little cake and I blew out the candles, and then they gave me two little bottles of nail polish as a gift!
My host sister even wrote me a little card ^_^ 

 It was so adorable I couldnt even handle it haha. They are so sweet <3 my host mom kept telling me that my host sister had been so excited for it that she couldn't stop taking about it haha. But it was a great end to a great day!







No comments:

Post a Comment