Labels

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Still behind a week (Third week here)

I swear I've been trying to keep this blog updated but I've gotten so busy recently- which is a good thing! I've been meeting with friends, been busy at work before the NSLI-Y kids arrive, and have gotten a lot closer with my roommates. On Monday of last week I worked as usual, organizing things for the NSLI-Y orientation and even writing a speech from Better World for the NSLI-Y kids. On Tuesday I met up with my language exchange partner and went to an outside cafe in Hapjeong, which is cool like Hongdae but without all of the people. The weather was so nice and we stayed there for almost three hours! There were even hammocks outside, it was a really cute cafe!
Wednesday some coworkers and I went out for noodles during lunch and I met two new people in the office. One of the people was a Yonsei alum, and since Yonsei is where I am taking my language class he was really interested in how it was and what I thought of the campus. He then went on to brag about how his first semester at Yonsei he never went to class if it was rainy/cold/hot/foggy/etc. so basically he never went. He got a .58 GPA that semester and broke the schools record for lowest GPA (and he's convinced that he still has that record- he's hoping that they mention him in the Yonsei 150th anniversary LOL). Yonsei is like the Harvard/Yale of Korea so a lot of alums are high ranking CEO's and he said they were all so impressed/amused by his low GPA that he kept getting calls from them asking if they could take him out to dinner and stuff. He was absolutely hilarious and I'm still impressed that he was able to get a .58 GPA.
Thursday I met up with my language partner again and we walked around Hongdae and then went to a cafe. He lived in Japan for 5 years so I brought him to the Ghibli store and then we wanted to get something to eat but we just wandered around for 30 minutes indecisive, and then the two places we decided on were both closed for break so we ended up just going to a cafe. It was a sheep cafe (!!!!) and we ate delicious green tea waffles with ice cream and then pet the sheep, which were kept on a deck outside. The owner apparently owns a farm or something and rotates out the sheep every now and then, and while we were there one sheep was really friendly!


No comments:

Post a Comment