Labels

Saturday, June 25, 2016

I'm behind a weekend

Okay so I haven't written anything in like a week so I'm sorry if this post is a little short/incomplete because I'm not sure if I remember everything from a whole week ago. But last Saturday I did basically nothing until about 4pm, where my roommate and I decided to do a little shopping in Hongdae. I bought a t-shirt and a necklace, and then there were way too many people on the main shopping street so we decided to get bingsoo instead. We had mango and grapefruit bingsoo and even though I'm not a huge fan of grapefruit since it's kinda of bitter, smothered in ice cream and sweetened condensed milk it was fine (who knew). We didn't even take a picture of it because we just dove in. Then she wanted to get contact solution from a pharmacy but for some reason we were blind and walked for like a half hour, passing three pharmacies but somehow not seeing them. We ended up at the Studio Ghibli store which was absolutely adorable and beautiful and nostaliga-inducing. She forced me to take a picture inside the cat bus so here is me awkwardly inside.

On our way back we found a pharmacy (three) and then we went home and met our other roommate at the super market because we wanted to cook together. We ended up cooking Korean/Japanese style curry which was delicious, but my Japanese roommate said it had a "camping" taste aka we don't have a lot of spices or cooking supplies so we just improvised on everything, therefore giving it that particular taste of when you cook something when camping. We were fairly proud of it though, so I think it went fine. We had a little left over but no more rice so when one of our other roommates came back he put it over pasta (lol).
Sunday I met up with one of my penpals I had seen last time and it was so much fun! Her, her boyfriend, and a friend of hers who is going to a university in Seoul all met me in Insadong and we tried on hanboks and went to a palace. You get into the palace for free if you wear hanbok so we didn't feel bad about just going in, taking some pictures, and leaving.
















After that we had patbingsu and then decided that we wanted to have ChiMek by the Han River.
ChiMek combines the word "Chicken" with the Korean word for "Beer" and its an extremely famous meal eaten outside (usually by the Han River). Korean chicken is delicious so I didn't object, but I'm not a huge fan of beer so I had this weird girly beer that is marketed specifically towards girls- its in a pink bottle, is carbonated, and is peach flavored. ChiMek is so popular that the chicken delivery companies even sell specific packages for people eating it at the river- two boxes of chicken will get you free soda and a free mat to lay on the grass.


I had work the next day so we all left around 9 and I got home and promptly fell asleep. On my way to Insadong that day I fell asleep on the subway and missed my stop so I had to backtrack so basically I was exhausted.

No comments:

Post a Comment