Labels

Sunday, August 3, 2014

Best Day Ever <3

So today was awesome and ridiculously fun and bittersweet, but it was a great way to spend the last day of the last weekend of our stay in Korea. Six weeks felt like forever at first, but time has flown by so fast it's scary. Yes I want to do as much as possible while I'm still here, but I also want to spend as much time as I can with my awesome nsliy friends. Nsliy friendships are weird and awesome- we are all so different and live  so far apart but somehow we all became such close friends. Yes I am going to miss Korea, but Korea will be here forever and I know I am going to return. I'm just scared Korea is never going to be the same because I'll never be visiting it again with such an awesome group of people. The end of this week is going to be rough, but I need to savor it as much as possible.
So back to what I did today- it was awesome and jam packed. We met at 11 in hongdae and went in search of a famous cake shop, but like a typical Korean store, it didn't open until late. 2 pm to be exact. Why would a cafe open at 2pm?!?! But instead we went to the second place on our list and vowed to return to the cake cafe once it actually opened. 
We headed on over to another cafe, a place where you can paint little mannequins. It was really cute and despite my lack of artistic talent I managed to make something that was slightly cute. I painted an ice cream Pokemon, which is fitting because my obsession with ice cream has grown exponentially here. The lack of supervision and sheer number of ice cream choices makes it hard to resist. But we stayed here for a few hours as we perfected our creations. 
After doll painting we went back to the cake place and had possibly the most delicious creation in the history of ever. I got a chocolate lava cake and it was perfect. It was a bit expensive, but totally worth it. Besides, it's our last week here so we might as well make the best of it. 
After cake we walked around and went shopping for a bit, but it was raining so it was kind of bleh. We were walking towards the subway station to meet the others for the "last weekend in Korea party" (I'll get to that later) when we passed a street leading to a famous ice cream place. It's "gastronomical" ice cream, which basically means it's really cool flavors and all completely handmade (and I think organic). We got some to share and it was really good! If I remember correctly we got "pink berry passion fruit" which was like sherbet and another that was like "green machine" or something- it had veggies and herbs in it and tasted surprisingly good! 
Then we headed towards the subway station to meet the others for the "last weekend" get together...which turned out to be a surprise birthday party for me and my friend who has her birthday this week. It was in this little party room and there was cake, a ton of food, karaoke, and banners with our picture on them that had cute messages and inside jokes from our supporter groups. It was so adorable and it made me want to cry (I actually did go home and cry haha) because I really don't want to leave this group of people. But the party was cute and fun and I am so thankful for the nsliy fam and the supporters who helped put it on for me and Madie~ 
Me and the other birthday girl, with her picture photo bombing us in the background. 
Last night was the best and I really am thankful for everything- the party, the trip, the people... It's going to be really hard to leave but I've had the time of my life here! NSLIY forever~ 





















No comments:

Post a Comment