Labels

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Saturday-Tuesday

And so begins blog posts without pictures. The phone I'm using now  has an okay camera so I might not have Many photos from here on out unless people send them to me, but oh well!
On Saturday I woke up and saw a movie with my friend who I met a few weeks ago. She really likes the K-pop group BigBang as well and this August is their 10th anniversary so a documentary about them came out last week and of course we had to go see it. We both got free posters when we bought tickets and I accidentally expressed a little disappointment when I got one of my least favorite members (I'm a terrible person I'm so biased) so my friend traded with me because she said she has a lot of posters at home. Then I went and started the expedition to get my phone fixed, and found out I had to wait until Monday. That was annoying but then I went to get my hair cut and actually had a lot of fun. The stylists were all horrified when I said I wanted to cut my hair short, and I ended up cutting it to above my shoulders because it was getting really annoying. It feels so cool and comfortable and healthy now and I love it! There was so much hair on the floor it looked like a small animal. After they cut my hair (dry) I got my hair washed and had a head massage type thing, which is the opposite order than they usually do it in the US. The guy who washed my hair told me he studied English by listening to Drake and Lil Wayne (lmao) so I started laughing, naturally, and then in English he said that he "Studies English at the club" which was basically the most ridiculous thing I ever heard so I couldn't keep it together. After my hair got washed I got my hair dried and then we looked at it one more time and she evened it out a little more and cut some pieces to frame my face. I left the salon feeling like a new woman and therefore bought a pizza bagel from Paris Baguette to eat at home.
Coincidentally, that night my roommate and I, along with some people from another sharehouse owned by the same company, went to watch a movie. We saw "Me Before You" and yes I cried. Afterwards we went out for BBQ and then got ice cream. I got honeycomb ice-cream, which was getting popular the last time I was here and is still pretty popular. It is just vanilla soft serve with a honeycomb and honey on top. When we got home we hung out a bit and then my other roommate wanted to order takeout and he said he'd pay so naturally we accepted. He ordered Dalkbal, or chicken feet, and not only does it look scary, it is extremely spicy so I tried to get out of eating. I had some rice and then they forced me to try it but it was too spicy and so with the permission of my roommate I spit it out into a napkin. We also went to the convenience store and bought an extremely unnecessary amount of alcohol and chips that four of us could definitely not eat/drink in one night, but they were in a good mood so they just bought it.
On Sunday I slept in late unintentionally and then met with my language exchange partner. We went out for Italian food and then got gelato (me: nutella and tiramisu, him: rice and earl grey tea) so I was very happy.
Then that night we watched a Japanese horror movie and devoured all of our extra snacks from Saturday. Unfortunately, we couldn't find English subtitles for the movie so it just had Korean subtitles and I had no idea what was going on so it wasn't very scary for me. Also, we took out an extreme amount of garbage that night- it was so bad we had to use a giant cardboard box to hold it all and even then there was things that wouldn't fit.
Monday I went to school (like every day) and then to work, but I got off early so I went to get my phone fixed. I waited for two hours at the phone repair store only to have the news broken to me via google translate-- phones bought in America can't be fixed in Korea. I angrily bought a sandwich on the way home as well as some things I needed from the dollar store- some school supplies and house slippers for me and my roommate because we were tired of our feet getting dirty.
Then today I went to class like normal and then to work, where I prepared the fans for the fan dance culture club for the NSLI-Y students. The fans were brand new and unfortunately un-sanded so I spent like an hour making them smooth enough for the kids to use because we were worried they would cut themselves or get splinters. Before work I went to Dunkin Donuts to get a drink and then after work I got McDonalds for dinner so it was a very American day to make up for me not celebrating July 4th the day before.

No comments:

Post a Comment